Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Lazy Days of Summer? Not Yet

Well, look at that. It's been a little while since my last post. I wish I had more to report on but there's really been nothing earth-shattering goin' on - just all that busy end-of-school-year stuff.

**We're just about in the home stretch now, Praise the Lord! School is winding down, projects are coming off the school walls and into the kids' backpacks to bring home for good, desks are being cleaned out little by little and there have been plays and lots of trips up to the school to view all the hard work and special projects the kids (and teachers) have been working on over the last couple of months.

**I threw my back out last week while setting down a full laundry basket of clothes. That was fun (not). It took a week, but thankfully, I am much better today.

**The weather has been sweltering hot hovering around 100 degrees (with ridiculously high humidity) since last Friday or Saturday.

**I've switched my work hours for the summer so I now have Mondays and Fridays off (yippee!).

**Oh and our new above-ground pool is up and running. I'm so loving the sound of kids squeeling with glee and laughter out there. The house is all-abuzz with friends and fun. I love that. I so hope to help create some great memories for my kids this summer.

**In a couple of weeks, we'll be bringing home a new family member - we're getting a puppy! Don't know what kind yet and I imagine my poor unsuspecting cat is NOT going to be happy.

**I'm also very excited that next week I begin hosting a Bible study in my home for the summer. I've always wanted to do that. We're going to be doing No Other Gods by Kelly Minter. Beth Moore is plugging it on her blog and "facilitating" it in a way. Can't wait. (if you wanna know more about that just click on Beth's link on the right.)

** And THEN...I'm off to Atlanta for the Deeper Still Conference with Beth Moore, Priscilla Shirer and Kay Arthur. Can I just say I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!

My, my. I guess I had more to report on than I thought.

Hope all is well in your neck of the woods.

To quote a friend, In His grace and by His strength...
Be blessed.
Melanie

2 comments:

About Nancy said...

Sounds like you have lots of fun plans this summer. A little recovery (for you back), some Bible study, and a puppy! Please post some pics when you get the dog.

Thanks for sharing,
Nancy

LynnSC said...

It is great to hear from you again. Sounds like you are going to have fun this summer. I read about the Bible study on Beth's blog... but we are doing a Women's Heart right now. I wondered if I could do both??? The hot weather and the pool sound like a great combination.

Have a great time at Deeper Still!!
Lynn