Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Waiting on Him

I've been feeling a bit down the past couple of days. Nothing major; just homesick, I guess. I miss my friends in PA and I really miss my job there. If you've read some of my previous posts, you have an idea of how much I enjoyed working there. The people were great but it was more than that. I got to be a very small piece of something much bigger and I liked it - and miss it - very much.

A dear friend gave me a book called Praying for Purpose for Women by Katie Brazelton before I left and it is proving to be quite a blessing to me. There's a good reason no one has ever accused me of having the patience of a saint. I very much want to find God's purpose for my life here and I'd like to find it now, thank you very much. I'd love to just jump right into our new life with both feet and pick right up where I left off in PA. Unfortunately, I seem to be a holding pattern right now. We're new, no one knows us and we have very few connections here with anyone. It's very much a place of starting over and until people get to know us better, they'd just as soon I keep my feet to myself - for now anyway.

In the meantime, thankfully, Jesus will gladly keep walking with me and my antsy feet as I do my best to be faithful to bloom where I'm planted. It's all in His timing.

Be blessed.
Melanie

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Melanie...I so relate. It seems I have been waiting on "something" for about 10 years...sometimes I feel I am so close to realizing what God has for me, other times I feel so confused and longing for more than what is...

Thanks for sharing. Keep the faith!

Dee Bond said...

I really enjoyed this. I have never done a blog. I wouldn't even know where to begin. I related to the story about your friend that couldn't stand the thought of giving up her home. Jerry & I loved the pictures, too. I may ask some of my friends to check out your blog so they can "meet" my new friend and neighbor. We are lucky to have someone like you in our neighborhood.