Thursday, January 15, 2009

Siesta Scripture Memory

His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness.
2 Peter 1:3 (NIV)

At the end of December, Bible study teacher/author, Beth Moore, issued an invitation to one and all through her blog to join her in striving to memorize two scriptures a month. On the 1st and 15th of each month, you can pop on over to her blog at Living Proof Ministries and add the scripture God has placed on your heart to memorize. She also includes memorization tips, etc. You can click here too for the original post where she went into detail about the idea. I've had a sense in my heart for some time that God wants me to hide his Word in my heart more than I have and I thought this would be a great way to start doing that.

So that's my scripture above. With some of the circumstances that have, in the last couple of weeks, surrounded me and people that I care very much about, I found this scripture very encouraging.

What has God given you to stand on recently?

Be blessed.
Melanie

No comments: