Sunday, February 8, 2009

Here We Go Again

Have I ever told you that my husband and I have moved eight times in 14+ years of marriage? I would never in a million years have imagined that I would move that frequently. I am a native New Yorker (Long Island to narrow it down a bit). For generations, my family were native New Yorkers. Now they'll correct me if I'm wrong but my grandmother grew up, since infancy, in the same farm house that she later moved back into with her own husband and children and lived there 'till she died at 96 yrs old (of course by that time it was no longer a farm house though still a large house). Three out of her seven children continued to live in that same house and eventually added spouses and children of their own. Three of the remaining four were within a 30 minute drive (one of which was only a couple of blocks away and still lives there to this day) and only one left the state for South Carolina.

My point is that, for me, moving around this much feels unnatural. BUT, for better or worse, we've decided to do it again. Yes, we've put our house up for sale in good ol' PA and are hoping to head south again, possibly to FL or NC. We are so praying that we are sensing and following God's lead on this and would welcome your prayers for wisdom and direction. 'Cause otherwise this is a pointless, unfun challenge to my meager domestication abilities.

I am not exactly a housekeeping goddess and now with the house up for sale and in THIS kind of housing market, everything has be as near perfect as possible. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a slob or anything but under normal circumstances, if I go to work and the beds aren't made, no biggie; dishes left in the sink? I'll get 'em when I get home or perhaps before bed (the next day?). Laundry up the waazoo and not one pair of clean socks left? Well, Target's up the street if you're THAT desperate. Just kidding, but you get my point. Oh the pressure!!!

I will say though, the house looks pretty stinkin' good. I could actually live here...'till June, 'cause we really want to be out by June.

Be blessed.
Melanie

No comments: