Wednesday, October 1, 2008

A Sobering Reminder

Because I have a tendency to lean toward being a bit serious with myself and life in general (who said drama queen???), I love opportunities to laugh. I love spending time with funny people. I'll take Scrubs over CSI or Monk over Law and Order most days of the week. But life is about balance and there are serious things that absolutely deserve and warrent our attention.

Now, if you have visited my blog for any length of time, you probably have noticed that I am a big fan of Beth Moore, her Bible studies and writings and a regular visitor to her blog. Her daughter, Amanda, seems to have some of the same giftings as her mom and posted an incredible message on the blog today. It's something, I believe, we all need to be reminded of...I was going to say from time to time, but on second thought, it deserves more than that. Let's allow it to remain in the forefront of our minds; let it impact our prayers and our conversations with others. It is not funny but it is of the utmost importance.

Can I encourage you to pop on over to Beth's blog and read Amanda's post entitled "There Is A Rescuer" for yourself? I think you'll be blessed. I certainly was. Here's the link.

Be blessed.
Melanie

No comments: